You’re either a Samantha Brown lover or a hater. I’m a lover.
As she bounced onto the stage in her hot pink dress, I felt like Sam and I were just old buddies meeting up for coffee. I suppose that’s what happens after you watch someone on TV for 11 seasons. In person, she’s exactly who she is on her shows: super cute, really nice and always grateful. She sounds the same, looks the same and talks the same. Which is exactly why her show is so successful.
For any haters out there, here are 5 reasons why YOU should love Samantha Brown:
5. She’s a triple threat. Before she landed the hosting gig for Great Vacation Homes on the Travel Channel, she had never really traveled. She was a struggling NYC singer/dancer/actress who waited tables for years. Her amazing improv skills are what qualified her to host the show.
4. She has fresh eyes. Because she hadn’t traveled extensively, the premise of her shows has always been that she’s taking you along with her to see the world for the first time. If she can do it, anyone can do it! Some call her the cheerleader of the travel industry, but her perkiness makes much more sense now right?
3. She loves the people. Ask her any question about travel and it will always come back to the people. It’s not about the place, it’s the people who live there. She speaks the truth! And her Great Weekends show? It aimed to highlight the people and culture throughout America, not to give you a 48 hour itinerary.
2. She speaks in sound bites. Some may balk at a 20-second wrap-up at the end of her show (how can you possibly summarize an entire county in one sentence?!). It takes talent to gather your thoughts into one encompassing statement. Her words may be few, but they are deep.
1. She knows she has the best job in the world. And she really, truly appreciates it.
PS I forgot to mention that she’s funny. Her response to this post: