Where is this alleged foodie paradise? Cincinnati, Ohio, my friends. Jungle Jim’s International Market is the kind of grocery store that requires a map, a few hours, long lines, and some screaming children. It’s like a theme park.
If you’re ready to approach theme park territory and you have a soft spot for all the flavors of Epcot, head on over to the crown jewel of this superstore: the international wing. You can find any kind of food, drink, or candy from your favorite part of the world. From Italian to Indian to British to German to Middle Eastern to Scandinavian to Filipino. . . the list keeps going. I spent $40 on candy alone, people. FORTY DOLLARS!
Other attractions worth seeing?
- The deli section with two stories of refrigerators.
- The beer aisle for a taste of local breweries from around the country.
- The bathrooms in the liquor section. (Don’t let the Port-a-Potty exterior fool you. These bathrooms have won awards.)
- The American candy section for childhood favorites like candy cigarettes. (What? Are those considered inappropriate now?)
- The seafood department for delicacies like fish heads and sharks.
- The natural and organic aisles for a plethora of healthy options.